Job Posting: Financial Recorder, Friendship Programs, Inc. (part-time)
Successful applicant will maintain a complete set of books for all financial matters and related reports concerning Friendship Program, Inc. Works with the executive director in the completion of the budget. Please see PDF job description for complete details.
Contact: Janice O’Callaghan, Executive Director
7315 Maple St.
Omaha, NE 68134
Omaha Metro AGA 2015 Citizen-Centric Report Now Available
Please take a look at our 2015 CCR and let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Student Scholarship Breakfast
Omaha Association of Government Accountants Student Scholarship Breakfast
Join us in congratulating local area college students with our annual scholarship breakfast!
Speaker: Negil McPherson, PHR, Senior Performance Consultant, HDR Inc.
Topic: “Your Direction – Your Career”
October 1, 2015
7:30a – 8:30a
215 Mammel Hall, UNO
Cost: $10 or donation; proceeds benefit our scholarship fund.
Register online at www.omahaaga.org (click Events for the calendar)
or RSVP: Russ Freitag at email@example.com by September 25.
Fall Half-Day Continuing Education Training Seminar
November 3, 2015
Omaha Association of Government Accountants Half Day Continuing Education Training Seminar
- Cyber Security in a Global Economy, – Matt Morton, Chief Information Security Officer, UNO
- Priority-Based Budgeting, – Carol Ebdon, Professor, School of Public Administration, UNO
- Innovation, Technology, and Ethics – Vasant Raval, Professor, Creighton University Department of Accounting
Location: Mammel Hall Room 117, UNO
Time: 12:30 – 4:30
Registration cost before November 2:
AGA members $65.00
Other professional member organizations: $75.00
After November 2: All $80.00
Pay online at www.omahaaga.org (click Events for the calendar)
or RSVP: Russ Freitag at firstname.lastname@example.org
4 hours of CPE wILL BE APPLIED FOR (one hour ethics)!
August Meeting with ASMC
August Joint Meeting with ASMC
Start Time: 11:30
End Time: 13:00
Need Registration? Yes
Fee (Members/Nonmembers): $17.00
Job Posting: Controller, MECA
Supervises four team members of the Finance Department. Responsible for all accounting functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial statement preparation, analysis, and investment functions.
Job Posting: Part-Time Accountant, City of La Vista
Position Title: Accountant -(Part-Time)
Position Reports To: Finance Director
Under the direction of the Finance Director, performs a wide variety of accounting functions.
- Prepares month-end bank account reconciliations.
- Prepares and processes month-end journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset financial module and reports.
- Prepares and distributes monthly Council reports.
- Maintains special assessment files.
- Assists in designing computer generated special reports.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Assists with annual budget.
- Assists with account reconciliations.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
Check out the details and apply here!
Job Posting: Corporate Accountant, OPPD
The Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) located in Omaha, Nebraska is one of the largest publicity owned electric utilities in the United States, serving 350,000 customers in 13 east and southeast Nebraska counties.
- Provide assistance in implementing corporate processes and department procedures for the preparation and maintenance of the corporate financial records to achieve timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on financial and accounting issues which are in the best interest of the District’s financial position, provide effective internal controls and maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles for proprietary funds of governmental entities.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on tax-related regulations, rules, processes and transactions to determine their effect on the District and ensure effective and efficient tax compliance.
- Act as a lead for special project work and identify and address financial, asset, procedural and operational issues based on the analyses performed.
- Plan, direct and monitor corporate and plant accounting procedures, controls and records to provide management with financial information for operating decisions to assure compliance with accounting and tax regulations, bond resolutions and regulatory agencies and to assure the integrity of financial reports.
- Provide the accounting support for corporate products and services including forecasting, modeling, financial reporting, billing and consulting on all financial matters.
- Support the operation, identification, development and implementation of corporate information systems to maintain effective controls for financial reporting, asset accounting and special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Three years of accounting, auditing or related experience
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA or other recognized professional accounting certification) is required or equivalent work experience (5 years)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- This position requires thoroughness, accuracy, excellent documentation skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and human relations skills.
- This position requires excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and able to manage several projects simultaneously and work independently
- Must have a thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using computers and business applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access or similar software)
- Proven ability to build solid relationships within and with others outside of the Company
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before July 20, 2015
Job Postings: State of Nebraska / Westside Community Schools
The Nebraska Department of Insurance is looking for an Accounting and Finance Manager. For more details, or to apply, please visit their website.
Westside Community Schools is looking for a Director of Finance. For more details, or to apply, please visit their website.
Job Posting: State of Nebraska
The State of Nebraska has two open positions: State Accounting Administrator and Director of Revenue (tax commissioner). For more information, please contact Sharon Pettid, Deputy Director of Administrative Services, at email@example.com.
- Tue 11/3/2015: 1/2 Day Continuing Education Training Seminar