Job Posting: Controller, MECA
Supervises four team members of the Finance Department. Responsible for all accounting functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial statement preparation, analysis, and investment functions.
Job Posting: Part-Time Accountant, City of La Vista
Position Title: Accountant -(Part-Time)
Position Reports To: Finance Director
Under the direction of the Finance Director, performs a wide variety of accounting functions.
- Prepares month-end bank account reconciliations.
- Prepares and processes month-end journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset financial module and reports.
- Prepares and distributes monthly Council reports.
- Maintains special assessment files.
- Assists in designing computer generated special reports.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Assists with annual budget.
- Assists with account reconciliations.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
Check out the details and apply here!
Job Posting: Corporate Accountant, OPPD
The Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) located in Omaha, Nebraska is one of the largest publicity owned electric utilities in the United States, serving 350,000 customers in 13 east and southeast Nebraska counties.
- Provide assistance in implementing corporate processes and department procedures for the preparation and maintenance of the corporate financial records to achieve timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on financial and accounting issues which are in the best interest of the District’s financial position, provide effective internal controls and maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles for proprietary funds of governmental entities.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on tax-related regulations, rules, processes and transactions to determine their effect on the District and ensure effective and efficient tax compliance.
- Act as a lead for special project work and identify and address financial, asset, procedural and operational issues based on the analyses performed.
- Plan, direct and monitor corporate and plant accounting procedures, controls and records to provide management with financial information for operating decisions to assure compliance with accounting and tax regulations, bond resolutions and regulatory agencies and to assure the integrity of financial reports.
- Provide the accounting support for corporate products and services including forecasting, modeling, financial reporting, billing and consulting on all financial matters.
- Support the operation, identification, development and implementation of corporate information systems to maintain effective controls for financial reporting, asset accounting and special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Three years of accounting, auditing or related experience
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA or other recognized professional accounting certification) is required or equivalent work experience (5 years)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- This position requires thoroughness, accuracy, excellent documentation skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and human relations skills.
- This position requires excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and able to manage several projects simultaneously and work independently
- Must have a thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using computers and business applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access or similar software)
- Proven ability to build solid relationships within and with others outside of the Company
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before July 20, 2015
Job Postings: State of Nebraska / Westside Community Schools
The Nebraska Department of Insurance is looking for an Accounting and Finance Manager. For more details, or to apply, please visit their website.
Westside Community Schools is looking for a Director of Finance. For more details, or to apply, please visit their website.
Job Posting: State of Nebraska
The State of Nebraska has two open positions: State Accounting Administrator and Director of Revenue (tax commissioner). For more information, please contact Sharon Pettid, Deputy Director of Administrative Services, at email@example.com.
Job Posting: VP of Finance, Iowa Western Community College
Reporting directly to the President of the college, the Vice President of Finance is
responsible for all financial and business functions of the college with primary
responsibility in the following areas:
- Accounting – internal and external reporting
- Budget development – monitoring and analysis including resource allocation
- Real estate management for college owned lease properties and leased facilities used by IWCC
- Legal issues and contract management
- Insurance management in all areas including commercial, general liability, workman’s compensation, business and auto. Financial oversight for IWCC self-insured health care program
- Oversight responsibility for college business services including purchasing, bookstore, food service, vending, housing and other auxiliary functions
- Short and long-term college financing
Also serves in the following capacities pertaining to college related or affiliated organizations:
- Treasurer of the IWCC Board of Trustees
- Treasurer and board member of IWCC Foundation
- Board member of Western Iowa Dorms, Inc.
- Board member of Western Iowa Educational Endeavors
- Board member of Scholarship Events Inc.
For full description and employment application, please visit the IWCC HR website.
Spring 2015 PDT
March 19, 2015
Omaha Association of Government Accountants Half Day Continuing Education Training Seminar
- The Importance of Transparency in Governments – A Success Story, presented by Lou Ann Goding, President Omaha Public Schools
- IT Security – TBA
- Negotiation and Collaborative Problem Solving – Bryan Hanson, Assistant Director & Assistant Professor Creighton University School of Law
Location: Mammel Hall Room 122, UNO
Time: 12:30 – 4:30
TAKE OUR MEMBERSHIP MATTERS CHALLENGE – renew (or join) before March 16, and come to the training for FREE!
Registration cost before March 16:
AGA members $50.00 or free if renewed/joined by 3/16/15! Not limited to Omaha Chapter members!!
Other professional member organizations: $60.00
After March 16: All $70.00
Pay online at www.omahaaga.org (click the link under Upcoming Events)
or RSVP: Russ Freitag at firstname.lastname@example.org
4 hours of CPE wILL BE APPLIED FOR!
Job Posting: Finance Director, City of La Vista
Dynamic and progressive Omaha metropolitan area community is seeking highly qualified candidates to serve as its next Finance Director. The successful candidate will perform advanced accounting work and oversee management of the financial affairs of the City. The Finance Director also performs the duties of City Treasurer as provided in the La Vista Municipal Code and in the Nebraska Revised Statutes. La Vista enjoys an A1 debt rating from Moody’s Investors Service. The position reports to the Director of Administrative Services and serves as a member of the City’s management team.
Starting salary: $85,000 +/- DOQE. Excellent benefits package including a defined contribution retirement program. Submit resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references by November 28, 2014 to www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Stephen Veitch, GovHRUSA, 650 Dundee Road #270, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240; Fax: 866-401-3100
See full listing on LinkedIn!
2014 Chapter CCR
Omaha Metro AGA is proud to present our 2014 Citizen-Centric Report. Please take a look! We are glad to answer any questions and welcome constructive criticism.
1/2 Day Continuing Education Training Seminar
Omaha Association of Government Accountants
1/2 Day Continuing Education Training Seminar
Location: 117 Mammel Hall, University of Nebraska-Omaha
Date: October 9, 2014
Time: 12:30 – 4:30
- Plowing Through the Rhetoric and AGA National Remarks – Bill Miller, National President AGA
- Financial Reporting from the Lens of Local Officials– Craig Maher, Professor School of Public Administration- UNO
- TBA – Paul Tomoser CIA, CPA, CRMA Internal Audit Director Creighton University
4 hours of CPE applied for!
Registration cost before October 2: AGA members $65.00
Members of other professional organizations: $75.00
After October 2: All $80.00
Pay online through our events calendar or RSVP Russ Freitag at email@example.com!
- No Events...